Extracting Audiences for Direct and Programmatic Media Activation
This feature can be accessed in two ways:
1. Using the Audience Extractor (Available in “Extracted Audiences” from the Side navigation bar under the “Activate Audiences” header) on the intelligentVIEW dashboard.
2. Or from the intelligentSEGMENTS section in our Profile Reports.
The Audience Extractor allows you to select and extract audiences by segments from your files and either download that file and share it with your own media vendors, or you can submit it directly to your Programmatic media vendor or to your social media ad account.
Creating Audiences using the Audience Extractor:
– Go to Activate Audiences -> Extracted Audiences.
- Click on the Extract Audience Button to open the Audience Extractor.
- Name the audience selection output file (you cannot leave this blank) and select the Project and File that you want to extract this audience from.
- This could be your customer file, the benchmark or any other file that you have loaded into intelligentVIEW.
- You will immediately see the Segment breakdown of the Audience in terms of relative percentage. Select the segments that you want to target.
- On selecting the segments, you will see a summary of the selected segments at the bottom of the screen, with the number of Households targeted as well as the Audience Pool in terms of the number of Devices in the selected segments.
- Click on Extract Audience.
On clicking on Extract Audience, you have two options.
Click on No if you’re not yet ready to Submit the Audience to a DSP.
- Doing this takes you back to the “Extracted Audiences” Listview Page where your newly created audience is on top of the listview and a digital audience can be created by clicking on Actions -> Submit to DSP on the row.
- Clicking on Yes allows you to Submit the Audience to a DSP.
Extracting Audiences from intelligentSEGMENTS in Profile Reports
- You can now also directly extract Segments for both the Target Files and Benchmark File from the Profile Reports page in intelligentVIEW.
- In order to do this, please first ensure the following.
- You are logged into intelligentVIEW using your organization’s credentials.
- You are not viewing the report in “Share” Mode and have accessed the report from within intelligentVIEW itself.
Reports in ‘Regular’ mode do not have a token (as shown in the red box in the screenshot above). Reports in regular mode allow users to select segments for activation. These reports can only be opened from within intelligentVIEW in this way.
You can select segments based on your campaign’s priorities (See section ‘Identifying Opportunity).
Once you select your Segments, it will reveal more statistics about the segments selected. This will accurately let you know how many Households and Device IDs you can hope to reach in campaigns utilizing these selected segments.
Once you’ve selected all the segments you want to use in your audience, click on the Export Audience button to choose whether you want to Extract the Audience from the Target File or from the Geographical Benchmark file that you’re calculating the Report data against.
You will then get a confirmation dialogue where you can name your audience and choose whether to Activate the Audience. You can view the Audience in the Extracted Audiences Listview or remain on the report.
Once Audiences have been extracted, you can then push them to your Facebook, Google, The Trade Desk or TikTok accounts.
- To launch the Submit to DSP workflow on a previously extracted audience by clicking on Actions->Submit to DSP from the Extracted Audiences Listview page.
- You can also launch it soon after an audience is extracted (From the Audience Extractor or directly from Reports).
There are no charges for generating and posting programmatic audiences to your DSP. Programmatic media purchased against those audiences are not included in your license fee. You will be charged based on the CPM (cost per thousand impressions) fee by the DSP (Demand Side Platform or Programmatic Media Platform).