Running a Profile Report
Running a profile report is the exercise of building understanding about customer and market files you have created (lists of postal codes for now) by joining them with intelligentVIEWs vast selection of insights modules.
There are two main ways to start the process of running a profile report.
You can run a profile report through several of intelligentVIEW’s workflows, but the three most used are from:
- The homepage by clicking Profile Report.
- You will first be prompted to select the project that contains the file you would like to profile.
- Selecting Add a New File at the next step does not default to the project from the previous step, so please make sure you select the project where you would like to add the file.
- The Projects tab by clicking on a project that contains the file you want to profile and selecting Create a Report
- The Files tab by selecting a file from the list of files.
All of these will take you to the Profile Report workflow that walks you step by step through the process.
NOTE: If you haven’t yet created your project, you select Create New Project. You will be able to add files to this new project or add a new file to the existing project you selected in the next step.
- Click Next
- Select the file you would like to profile or add a new file as noted above and click Next.
- On the next screen you will select your benchmark.
- Your benchmark can be any file in any project that you would like to use as a comparison to the file you are profiling.
- If you are running a Canada Post carrier walk analysis as a part of your profile report, your benchmark will be used to select the carrier walks to be ranked. Select the project that contains your benchmark file and then select your benchmark file.
NOTE: The Canada default project contains standard market geographies like provinces and cities. Using the Merge Files feature, you can combine standard geographies to create custom markets. If you click Next without making a selection, your benchmark will be set to Canada by default.
Once you’ve chosen your benchmark, click Next
In this step you are asked to input all the specifics about the report you are building:
- Give your report a name. Like in all areas of intelligentVIEW we strongly recommend using a unique name.
- Name the Target of your report: customers, shoppers, clients, card holders, prospects, etc. This will be used In the report.
- Add a Description to refer to later when accessing the report. NOTE: This step is optional, but can be a great way to communicate context of a report to another reader.
Click Next, this is one of the most important steps in building a report. In this screen you select the modules, or data, you want to be included in your profile report.
The Demographics and Segmentation modules are default selections on every report. Choose as many additional modules to add to your report as you wish.
Select the modules that reflect what you would like to know about your file and click Next.
NOTE: You can create reports on the same file with as many or as few modules as you like. Modules already run against a file are stored so they will appear instantly when you view them again and will not have to be run again to create a new report.
Click View Report.
You are presented with a confirmation screen that summarizes the modules selected.
Click Proceed to view your report.