Segmenting a File
Segmenting a file is a powerful tool that allows you to select specific segments from a file and develop a profile specific to the selected segment.
You can access this workflow from the Audience Selector (Programmatic and Direct) function under the Monitoring, Tracking and Program Outputs
- Select the Segments that you want to profile. Click Next.
- To the right, the files contained within that Project Folder will be displayed.
- Select the file that you want to segment.
- Select Proceed
- intelligentVIEW will begin extracting the postal codes from the selected file based on the segments that you selected.
- A CSV file will be produced, and you will have the option of downloading the file.
- Save the downloaded file in the appropriate Project Folder.
- Run a profile report of the new file.
Extract Postal Codes from a File
In addition to using the Audience Selector for segmenting a file, it can also be used to extract postal codes to drive geography-based marketing campaigns such as direct mail and telemarketing. The postal codes can be matched to third party lists to target within those lists the segments that you are targeting